Chicken and Broccoli Crescent Braids
Chicken and Broccoli Crescent Braids are cheesy, flaky, buttery and are slightly short from perfection. What more could you ask for? Crescent recipes do not get any better than this wonderful dish that your family will love.
Cooking Time28 min
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons dill mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in bowl.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of rectangular baking stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll dough to seal perforations.
- On longest side of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling).
- Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid. Brush egg white over dough using pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.