This is my brother's all-time favorite meal! Chicken Puffs are tender chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce, wrapped in a crescent roll and baked until golden brown. The chicken mixture is flavorful and creamy, and the crescent roll makes the dish flaky and delicious. This easy chicken recipe is a true crowd pleaser, and it couldn't be easier to make! Throw these together for a family dinner or when you're entertaining guests.
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide crescent rolls into 4 squares, sealing the perforations.
- Cream together the cream cheese and 1 tbsp. of butter. Add milk, chicken, pimentos, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1/2 cup of mixture in the middle of each square and bring corners together, to form a pouch. Twist corners together to seal, and press any open sides together. It should look like a small drawstring purse.
- Place puffs on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp. of butter and brush over each puff and sprinkle (heavily) with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To prepare sauce heat milk and mushroom soup in a small saucepan. Serve over chicken puffs.