Greek Hot Dog Sauce
Planning on having hot dogs soon? Instead of dressing them with ketchup or chili, try this Greek hot dog sauce. Made with ground beef, hot sauce and an assortment of other flavorful ingredients, this sauce is sure to spice up your hot dogs.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1-2 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 quart water or 1/2 qt water and 1/2 qt wine
- sugar, optional
- Bring all ingredients to a boil along with beef.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 hours or until sauce is thick.
- Use immediately or freeze in smaller portions for later use.