Traditional Sloppy Joes
Toss out that can of pre-made sloppy joe sauce and make your own with this traditional homemade sloppy joe recipe. The sauce is simple to make - just combine all the ingredients - and has a great flavor that the whole family will love.
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 1/2 large onions finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Fry and drain ground beef, then add simmered ingredients.