Tomato Chili Dogs
This chili dog recipe utilizes the ever-so-popular chili that is on most chili dogs and makes it even better by adding tomato paste, green pepper and chili powder. The taste is impeccable and makes a super tasty chili dog your family will love.
- 1 can chili with beans
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 buttered hot dog buns
- In saucepan, combine all ingredients, except hot dogs and buns.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat hot dogs in boiling water; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Toast buns and serve hot dogs on buns with chili mixtures on top.