Southwestern Chicken Wrap
Wrap up grilled or broiled chicken with a delicious black bean and corn salsa. Adjust the amount of chili and hot pepper sauce to your personal love of spice.
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (8 oz.) corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper or plum tomato
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- low-fat flour tortillas
- 6 slices low-fat Sliced Provolone, cut in halves
- Combine beans, corn, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
- Coat chicken with chili powder. Cook on oiled grill over medium coals (coals will be ash gray) 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink. Variation: To broil, place chicken on oiled broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 from heat 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- For each sandwich, place three cheese slice halves down center of one tortilla. Top with chicken breast slices and bean mixture. Roll up tightly; secure with wooden pick in two places. Cut in half.
Read NextBuffalo Chicken Sliders