Pan Grilled Monte Cristo Sandwich
This monte cristo sandwich is a crowd-pleasing old favorite! Eat it for breakfast or lunch, this favorite sandwich recipe cannot be beat!
Need other great ideas for leftover ham? Check out our 15 yummy recipes!
For even more great leftover ham recipes, check out 11 Exciting Leftover Ham Recipes, Videos and Cooking Tips.
- 8 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices vienna or french bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Place 2 oz. ham and 1 slice cheese on each of 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread.
- In shallow dish beat together eggs and milk. Dip sandwich in egg mixture, turning carefully, until all mixture is absorbed.
- Melt butter in large skillet or on a griddle. Carefully transfer sandwiches to pan and cook slowly for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn and continue cooking about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Read NextPioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef