Hummus Club Sandwiches
This sandwich is a vegetarian's delight! Fresh middle-eastern flavors of hummus and crisp produce between two whole-wheat slices of bread make for a fantastic and healthy lunch!
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 12 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 cups shredded Bibb lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 4 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus over 1 bread slice.
- Top with 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, 1 bread slice, 1/4 cup cucumber, 1 cup sprouts, and 1 bread slice.
- Cut sandwich diagonally into quarters; secure with wooden picks. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Read NextSmoked Brisket Sandwich