Chicken and Salsa Verde Panini
The salsa verde spread in is this tasty sandwich is olive-based rather than tomato-based. Garlic, lemon and capers add the kick in this non-spicy salsa, perfect with chicken.
Preparation Time5 min
- 7 green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless roasted chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 4 round or oblong sandwich rolls, split in halves
- On a chopping board, combine the green olives, garlic, capers and lemon zest. Chop finely. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small jar combine the olive oil and lemon juice; shake until combined and pour over the olive mixture.
- Stir in the salt and pepper. Spread bottom halves of rolls with the salsa verde, leaving some of the juices in the bowl.
- Top with the slices of chicken breast. Brush the remaining juices over the inside of the top halves of the rolls; place on top of bottom halves and press down lightly. Cut into halves and serve.
Read NextPepperoni Pizza Bundtwich