If you love burritos and hot dogs, put your two food passions in the same dish with this recipe for burrito dogs. This is a great recipe for kids and adults alike. See the notes section on the bottom of the recipe page for extra tips and tricks.
- I don't precook the hot dogs. I wrap them in the tortillas with the bean mixture.
- Put a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13x9" baking pan. Lay the filled tortillas in the pan.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over, sprinkle with more cheese and cover.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 min. or until heated through.
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (10-ounce) can Enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 8 large corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound hot dogs
- In a small bowl combine beans, 1/3 cup enchilada sauce, green onions and garlic.
- Lay tortillas flat; spread with equal portions of bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. Grill hot dogs. Place each on a tortilla. Fold edges over hot dogs at ends and one side. Roll up. Brush all over with enchilada sauce; wrap in foil.
- Grill, turning occasionally, 10-15 min. Under broiler: don't wrap in foil. Broil just until heated.