Baked Monte Cristo Sandwich
A diner favorite, the monte cristo sandwich takes the traditional turkey and cheese sandwich and takes it up a notch! The dijon mustard dipping sauce brings all the flavors together into a tasty treat!
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 4 slices cooked turkey (1 oz)
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Dijon mustard for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey on each of 4 bread slices.
- In pie plate beat eggs, milk, and dry soup mix until well blended. dip each sandwich into egg mixture, spooning onion pieces onto bread. Make sure all egg mixture is used.
- Place butter in 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan. Set in oven a couple of minutes to melt butter.
- Carefully place sandwiches in pan and drizzle any remaining egg mixture over them. Bake 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn sandwiches and continue baking until golden brown.
- Serve with dijon mustard dipping sauce.
Dijon mustard dipping sauce: 1/2 cup sour cream 2 tbsp. milk 1 tbsp. dijon mustard Mix well and then chill until ready to serve.