20 Minute Sloppy Joes
Looking to feed your whole family with a homemade meal but short on time? Try our 20-minute sloppy joe recipe. This recipe is just as easy as using canned sloppy joe sauce and it's even more delicious.
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 14 ounces can stewed tomatoes with mexican seasonings
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium/high heat. Add beef, chili powder, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Brown meat; drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes and vinegar; cook until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto buns and serve immediately.