Black Bean and Corn Salsa
This healthy salsa recipe makes a great afternoon snack with baked tortilla chips or a filling for whole-wheat tortillas. Serve Black Bean and Corn Salsa over grilled vegetables for a healthy meal.
- 30 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn kernals, defrosted and drained
- 1 cup frozen white shoepeg corn kernals, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion (Bermuda, Florida, Maui, Vidalia), chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Thoroughly, but gently, mix everything together. More or less of anything can be added to suit your own tastes.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 2 days, to allow flavors to blend. Let come to room temperature before serving with baked tortilla or pita chips.
Read NextHomemade Pico de Gallo Recipe