Southern Fried Chicken Salad
This Southern Fried Chicken Salad is just like a salad you'd get at your favorite restaurant, but you can make it at home for a fraction of the cost. Just buy some fried chicken, slice it up and add it to a vegetable-packed bed of leafy greens and you'll have a yummy and simple dinner on the table in no time. If all salad recipes were this quick and easy we'd be happy campers!
- 3 well-seasoned fried chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 6 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens (romaine, iceberg, bibb, boston)
- 1 cup vegetables, julienned (radishes, carrot, cucumber)
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, peeled and chopped
- Ranch dressing, to taste
- roasted pecans, chopped
Chop salad greens until bite-sized and toss with other vegetables.
Add dressing sparingly and toss until well-coated.
Heat the chicken in the microwave or oven until warm; place on top of salad.
Garnish salad with chopped pecans.
- Serve with the chicken hot and the salad cold for contrast.
Read NextCouscous Salad
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.