Overnight Seven Layer Salad
When you need a dish to bring along to a potluck, luncheon or family get-together, there's nothing better than a simple to prepare salad dish. This recipe for Overnight Seven Layer Salad is a classic with traditional flavors that everyone will love. With green pepper, Cheddar cheese, peas and bacon in the mix, this is one loaded layered salad recipe that's sure to fill you up. Make this potluck dish ahead of time to save yourself the trouble of last-minute scrambling in the kitchen!
Chilling Time8 hr
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas, cooked and drained
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 strips of bacon, cooked crisp then crumbled
Partially fill bowl with lettuce and fluff it up so it isn't packed down.
Add the other ingredients in layers as indicated ending with the mayonnaise, sugar, then cheese and finally bacon.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.