Maui Layered Salad
Have a luau in your backyard with a Maui Layered Salad! Ham and cheese bring the Aloha spirit to this layered salad recipe, with an added surprise of water chestnuts.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, sliced thin
- 1 package small frozen green peas
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- grated cheese (Parmesan or other)
- salad spices
- 4 to 6 eggs, hard boiled, grated fine
- 1 pound bacon, cooked an crumbled
- Use shallow dish about 9 x 12 inches.
- Put first layer of shredded lettuce in dish. Then next layer onion and follow with celery, water chestnuts, small peas.
- Spread with layer of mayonnaise, sprinkle sugar (about 2 teaspoons) over all, sprinkle with grated cheese, then salad spices.
- Sprinkle grated eggs and crumbled bacon on last.
- May be made the day before and left in refrigerator.