15 Green Salad Recipes for The Summer
When the sun is shining and warm weather is upon us, it's the perfect time to enjoy the season, start up the grill and have a barbeque. We all have number of recipes for marinades and rubs to coat our grilled meats, but there seems to always be a lack of variety with our sides. We love the classics - macaroni salad recipes, potato salad recipes, coleslaw recipes - but we can't forget about green salad recipes. This collection of 15 Green Salad Recipes for The Summer offers some of the best salad recipes and sides for the summer. Light and full of flavor, you'll want them year round.
Picking the right recipes for the summer is a difficult task. You don't want to heat up the house or have anything too heavy that weighs you down. Green salad recipes are the perfect summer recipes as a side or even as a main dinner dish. Not only are they healthy, but there are so many different green salad recipes that have different flavors. You can have an Asian seasoned salad, or enjoy a classic American cobb salad. Green salad recipes don't just have to be the boring iceberg lettuce with tomatoes and ranch. So, liven up your summer and try something different. The best part about green salad recipes is that there is always something for everyone, even those picky eaters.
When you think of green salad recipes you probably think of them as the healthy side before you get to the good part of dinner. But salad is more than just an obstacle to your dinner. Think of it as a special treat before your dinner. Why else would it have it's own fork? Check out this wonderful Company Buffet Layered Salad and put your salad fork to good use.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup sour cream, plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 6 cups mixed salad greens torn in bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium carrots, zucchini or cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 6-ounces)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Sliced pitted ripe olives, parsley or chopped hard-cooked egg
- Stir the soup, sour cream, cheese and onion in a small bowl.
- Layer the salad greens, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes in a clear 4-quart serving bowl. Spread the soup mixture over the salad. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Sprinkle with the green onions and olives before serving.
Our Favorite Green Salad Recipes
Green salad recipes are the refreshing side or appetizer that complements your dinner. Loaded with fresh greens, chopped vegetables and tossed in dressing, it has every food group that you need and love. Check out our collection of and keep cool.
Refreshing Orange Summer Salad (pictured)
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Salad"
With these healthy recipes, salad is more than a side dish. From Caesar salad and spinach salad to bean salad and tuna salad, make a unique deliciously healthy salad tonight.