Grandma's Church Cabbage Salad
An easy-to-prepare side dish for your next get-together, this recipe for Grandma's Church Cabbage Salad is one that always pleases. Made with two different kinds of cabbage, spinach, carrots and an awesome dressing to top it all off, this is one of those easy salad recipes that tastes so good you'll almost forget it's a salad! Throw this simple cabbage salad together the next time you're headed off to a potluck or party... it's a quick fix side dish that everyone loves.
- 1 1/2 cup raw red cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup raw green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup fat-free vinaigrette-style dressing
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Trim all leaves well from vegetables and remove coarse veins and stems before shredding.
Toss all vegetables in a very large salad bowl.
- Mix dressing with seeds, mustard and pepper very well and pour over vegetables.