Country Cole Slaw
Looking for a good, old fashioned recipe for cole slaw? Try this simple cabbage recipe. This is easily one of our healthier cole slaw recipes and can even be made healthier by substituting may for reduced fat light mayo.
- 1 green cabbage, medium sized
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 vine ripe tomato (optional)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop cabbage, including the very green outer leaves and place in large bowl.
- Coarsely chop onion and tomatoes and add to cabbage.
- Mix vinegar, mayonaise and celery salt together; set aside.
- Just before serving add to cabbage mixture, then add salt, pepper and dill to taste.