Classic Texas Slaw
If you want to learn how to make coleslaw like they do down in Texas, check out this simple recipe for Classic Texas Slaw. A breeze to throw together, even at the last minute, this laid-back recipe for coleslaw is one you'll find yourself making again and again because it's a hit with nearly any crowd. Perfect for picnics and potlucks, this blue-cheese infused coleslaw recipe is an unexpected side dish that always wows, no matter what you serve it with. Try out this southern-style slaw and get ready to be impressed by its big, bold flavors!
- 4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- herbal salt substitute (or regular salt) and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl combine cabbage, onions, bell pepper and dill.
Blend together yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, honey and blue cheese.
- Toss dressing with cabbage mixture. Add salt substitute (or regular salt) and pepper to taste.
Read NextThrow Together Potluck Salad