Cheesy Deli Macaroni Salad
The great thing about this macaroni salad recipe is that it's not only cream, but also cheesy! Made with fresh vegetables and hard boiled eggs, this side dish is perfect for any family get together. Bring it to a picnic or a barbecue.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions or chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet or dill pickle relish or chopped sweet or dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, cheese, celery, peas, radishes, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle relish or pickles, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over pasta mixture.
- Add chopped eggs. Toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, if necessary, stir in additional milk to moisten.