Berry Patriotic Chicken Salad
Tired of basic chicken salad recipes? Deviate from your traditional chicken salad recipes with Berry Patriotic Chicken Salad. Blueberries and cranberries ensure that this will become an instant staple in your Fourth of July Recipes!
- 3 to 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, or enough to bind
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 can jellied cranberry sauce (use more if you wish)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (use more if you wish)
- Combine chicken, onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- Add enough mayonnaise to bind and moisten. Stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in desired amount of jellied cranberry sauce for taste and color.
- Carefully fold in blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Chill thoroughly.