Bacon Swiss Tossed Salad
This wonderful tossed salad recipe is mixed with fresh greens, bacon, and the best part, cheese! Perfect as a side dish or a main dish, this creamy salad can be eaten any time of the day.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (10-ounces) package frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, julienne
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, layer a third of the greens and a third of the mayonnaise mixture, onion, peas and cheese. Repeat the layers twice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add the bacon and toss.