Asparagus with Roasted Red Pepper
If you ever wondered about how do you steam asparagus or how do I prepare asparagus, then use this recipe. This is the best way to prepare asparagus.
- 1 1/2 cup asparagus (1/2 lb)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
1. Break off (do not cut) the woody portion of the stem. If you bend fresh asparagus it will automatically snap at the end of the tender portion.
2. Snap the tender end into 1" pieces, place in a steamer for 15 minutes until tender yet slightly firm. Rinse and cool with cold water.
3. Roast red pepper in 500 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from oven.
4. Place in bowl and cover with foil for 30 minutes. Peel off skin and remove seeds. Slice into julienned strips.
5. Mix dressing ingredients and toss with asparagus and red pepper. Serve at room temperature. Keeps several days in the fridge.