Old Fashioned Mexican Rice
I grew up with my grandmother and was privileged to experience her Old Fashioned Mexican Rice. Made the way it is south of the border, this rice is a staple to any taco dinner. The family will like this easy rice recipe more than the main dish.
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 2 ounces peas
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper or dash of cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 cup cooked enriched rice
- Cook tomato, carrots, peas, mushrooms, celery, onion flakes, garlic, chives, parsley, marjoram, and pepper in bouillon until celery is tender. Combine with rice.
- Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated or bake uncovered in moderate oven (350 deg) until liquid evaporates.
Read NextAuthentic & Healthy Mexican Rice