Chanterelle Mushroom Risotto
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 8 ounces chanterelles (girolles)
- 1 tabsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated (optional).
- 6 ounces Italian risotto rice
- 5 fl oz white wine
- 15 fl oz vegetable bouillon
Serves 2. In a large frying pan, gently fry the onion and garlic in half the butter, until soft and golden. Add the basil and chanterelles and cook for a few minutes. Add the rice, fry for a minute of so, stirring continously. Pour in the wine and half the stock, bring to the boil, then cover the pan and simmer. Check every now and then to see if the rice is drying, and add more bouillon if it is. When the rice is just cooked, stir in the rest of the butter and the cheese. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring. Serve with a green salad and some ciabatta.
Read NextCreamy Garlic Shrimp And Rice
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use