Best Christmas Rice
Not just for the holidays this Best Christmas Rice can bit a hit all year round. It's one of the best easy rice recipes out there, filled with lots of veggies and spices. Try this at your next family dinner.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onion, celery, and bell peppers in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a full boil. Remove from the heat. Quickly stir in rice, celery mixture, salt is desired, and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 6 to 7 minutes. Stir before serving. Check out the pretty red and green color!
Read NextHibachi Fried Rice