Aromatic Rice, Beans and Greens
This recipe puts an intriguing spin on the classic red beans and rice recipe. Kale and jasmine rice turn this easy red beans and rice recipe into a culinary masterpiece. Make this recipe for red beans and rice today.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach, packed
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, canned and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine water, kale or spinach, rice and dried seasonings in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Stir once, cover, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and parsley. Fluff rice with fork; turn off heat.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.