Olive Garden Sicilian Scampi Copycat
I love Olive Garden's food, and until now, have been unable to replicate it. With this awesome Olive Garden Sicilian scampi copycat recipe, I'm able to enjoy the flavor I love, and it is a tasty lunch!
Cooking Time20 min
- 6 pieces fan tail shrimp (uncooked)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine (Chablis)
- 1 tablespoon flour (mix with 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water (only if needed if sauce is too thick)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon asiago cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese, finely shredded
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 1 green onion (sliced - measure out about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 4 slices Italian bread, lightly toasted (4 to 6 inches long x 1 1/2-inches thick, diagonally cut)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add wine and lemon juice. When mixture starts to boil, place shrimp in pan an cook on medium heat until shrimp curls and they are done. Remove shrimp but leave wine mixture in pan.
- In the same saucepan, add onion and garlic salt, sauté until the onions are transparent.
- Add flour and water paste, stir and cook until sauce is thick.
- Pour cream in sauce, stir, add the cheeses one at a time and whisk constantly after each addition. Sauce should be a medium thick consistency and smooth, if sauce is too thick add a little water and whisk.
- Remove from heat.
- Place Italian bread on serving tray in an X.
- Arrange shrimp in the middle of the placed bread.
- Spoon sauce in the middle of the bread covering the shrimp.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions, olives, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top if you would like.
Read NextTaco Bell Style Cinnamon Twists