Olive Garden Caprese Salad
This classic tomato and mozzarella salad is perfect at the Olive Garden. Try this quick and easy copycat recipe in your own home and impress your guests with such a simple, yet flavorful dish.
Trying to figure out what else you can do with all those fabulous tomatoes? Try one (or more!) of these 22 tempting tomato recipes!
- 1 pound vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced .25 inch thick
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 12 ounces whole milk or buffalo mozzarella
- 1 pinch oregano, dried
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- On a large platter, arrange sliced tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Place one basil leaf on top of each tomato slice.
- Slice mozzarella and place on top of basil leaves.
- Sprinkle oregano, salt and black pepper on cheese and drizzle with the olive oil.