Cracker Barrel Style Fried Okra
There's one way to get my kids to eat vegetables and that's to fry it! Cracker Barrel Style Fried Okra is a great copy-cat, easy vegetable recipe that is just like the one you can get at the restaurant, but made in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 pound tender okra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings, oil, or shortening
- Wash the okra well and cut off the ends.
- Slice okra into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and cornmeal. Toss the okra into the cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the bacon drippings, oil, or shortening in a large skillet. Add okra slices and saute until they are tender and golden.
Read NextKFC Nashville Hot Chicken