Great Brown Rice with Veggies
Brown Rice with Veggies is a great meal on its own or side dish. Rice is a healthy food and brown rice is that much healthier.
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 chicken broth
- 1 (2-ounce) package sliced blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound tofu cut into cubes, optional
1. Combine brown rice and 2 cups chicken broth in a metal bowl which fits loosely in a 6-quart Presto pressure cooker.
2. Stir in almonds and vegetables.
3. Place 1 1/2 cups water, cooking rack, and bowl in cooker.
4. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
5. Cook 10 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
6. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
7. Open cooker and allow rice to steam uncovered 5 minutes.
8. Stir in parsley and tofu. Pass hot sauce such as tabasco.
Read NextHoney Barbecue Pork Tacos