Christmas Gingerbread Baked in a Jar
For many of us, Christmas is synonymous with gingerbread. Try this different spin on a traditional recipe and make it baked in a jar. Gifts in jars are very popular, and who doesn't love gingerbread?
For more great jar recipes and gift ideas, check out our Mason Jar Recipes eBook.
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Sterilize 5 (12-ounce) Ball Quilted Crystal (#14400-81400) jam/jelly canning jars, lids and rings by boiling them for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the water and allow them to air-dry on your counter top; leave the lids and rings in the hot water until you're ready to use them.
- Once the jars are cool enough to handle, use a pastry brush to grease them with shortening and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in margarine, water and molasses until well blended.
- Divide batter among the 5 jars (they should be about 1/2 full).
- Place jars onto a cookie sheet and bake at 325F degrees for 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Move the jars around in the oven while they're baking, so they'll bake evenly.
- Remove jars from oven one at a time and place the lid and ring on and screw it on tightly. Allow jars to cool on countertop.
Read NextBlackberry Jam
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.