Poor Man Husband Potato Salad
Whenever my husband is in charge of making a side dish recipe, he always makes this Poor Man Husband Potato Salad. It's a budget-friendly recipe that's super easy to make and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! Just combine the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until you need it. It's a true crowd-pleaser with amazing ingredients like bacon, green pepper, red potatoes and more. Perfect for a party or picnic!
- 6 medium red potatoes, boiled until tender, peeled, and cubed
- 6 eggs, boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup dry minced onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, to taste
- 1 pound bacon
- Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to taste.
- Fry the bacon in a pan. Add 1/4 cup bacon grease (or more to taste) to the potato salad mixture and drain the rest of the grease.
- Refrigerate potato salad at least 1 hour before serving. Store the bacon separately in the refrigerator so it stays crisp, then chop and add before serving.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Potato Salad"
Potato salad is a summer classic that tastes great all year round. This year, try homemade potato salad. Whether red potato salad, bacon potato salad or German potato salad, with a potato salad recipe from us you'll make the best potato salad.