Peruvian Potato Salad
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pound new potatoes
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese Softened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 greek olives
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut into fourths
Mix onion, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and the red pepper; cover and reserve. Heat 1 inch salt water (1 tsp salt to 1 cup water) to boiling. Add potatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 20-25 minutes; drain and cool. Pare potatoes; cut into fourths. Heat cream cheese, half and half, chilies, 1/4 tsp salt, and the turmeric over low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth, 10-12 minutes. Arrange potatoes on lettuce leaves. Spoon cheese mixture over potatoes. Drain onion; arrange on cheese and potatoes. Garnish with olives and eggs.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Potato Salad"
Potato salad is a summer classic that tastes great all year round. This year, try homemade potato salad. Whether red potato salad, bacon potato salad or German potato salad, with a potato salad recipe from us you'll make the best potato salad.