Potato Salad with Creme Fraiche Dressing
- 4 pounds total (12 to 15 of each) red and white small potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces cornichons (about 3/4 cup), drained and finely chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 1/4-inch slices on the bias
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Serves 12. Place potatoes in a large stockpot; fill with enough cold water to cover by 3 inches. Add salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer until potatoes are just tender when poked with a fork, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and sprinkle with vermouth. Let stand until cool. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, creme fraiche, and celery seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces, and transfer to a serving bowl. Pour dressing over the potatoes. Add chopped cornichons, scallions, and parsley; toss to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Potato Salad"
Potato salad is a summer classic that tastes great all year round. This year, try homemade potato salad. Whether red potato salad, bacon potato salad or German potato salad, with a potato salad recipe from us you'll make the best potato salad.
There are no records