Oma's German Potato Salad
The most delicious potato salads are the ones that are made with love, and my oma definitely infused her brand of love in this potato salad recipe! It's really easy, and is a traditional German potato salad recipe, but Oma makes it best!
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving bacon fat.
- Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
- Add bacon, potatoes and onions to skillet and stir until coated.
- Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Read NextAmish Potato Salad