Grandma's Prized Shredded Potato Salad
The creamy combination of grated potatoes and hard-boiled eggs in this potato salad recipe makes it Grandma's favorite dish to bring to church suppers and other gatherings. Grandma's Prized Shredded Potato Salad is a unique take on a traditional deli salad. Shredded potatoes are used instead of cubed, so this potato salad recipe has a fun texture and delicious taste. Studded with celery and carrots, and mixed with a creamy dressing, this is one winning side dish.
Chilling Time4 hr
- 6 cups cooked and shredded potatoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, celery, carrots, and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 4 hours (the longer it sets, the better it tastes).