Cheese and Potato Salad
Diced Gruyere cheese adds rich taste and sophistication to a basic potato salad recipe. This potato salad recipe is delicious and unconventional.
For another 12 palate-pleasing potato salad recipes, be sure to check out our collection.
- 1 pound red potatoes, boiled with skin
- 1/4 cup french dressing
- 8 ounces gruyere cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery heart
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1 lettuce leaves, optional
- Peel and dice the potatoes while warm. Sprinkle with dressing and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the potatoes, cheese, scallions, celery, three of the eggs, chopped, 2 tablespoons of parsley and the crumbled bacon.
- Mix the mayo and mustard and add to salad, toss gently but well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover and chill.
- To serve, mound the salad in a bowl lined with the lettuce leaves, sprinkle the top with remaining parsley and the remaining egg, which should be finely chopped
Read NextEasy 7-Layer Potato Salad