Island Roast Pork
Learn how to cook a pork roast with this delicious Island Roast Pork recipe. The recipe for a dry rub for pork roast in this recipe adds a beautiful, harmonious flavor to any cut of meat. These pork roast recipes can't be beat!
See this and more awesome pork recipes in this collection of 13 Best Easy Pork Recipes.
Cooking Time3 hr 50 min
- 5 pounds boneless pork loin
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 2 large bay leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper, cracked
- 1 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
1. Score the surface of the pork roast using a diamond pattern.
2. In a separate bowl, combine black pepper, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, garlic, and Texas Pete. Mix well. Rub mixture into the scored surface of pork loin.
3. Crumble bay leaves on top and place in a roasting pan along with 1/2 of the chicken stock, and half cup of rum.
4. Roast at 325 F degrees for 2 1/2 hours (30 minutes per pound). Periodically baste with a sauce made by combining brown sugar, lime juice, and 1/2 cup of rum. Add stock to basting mixture as necessary.
5. Remove bay leaves after cooking, place on platter for 15-20 minutes.
6. Combine basting sauce, remaining stock, and drippings in a saucepan.
7. Bring mixture to a boil, add arrowroot and a little water, stirring frequently until gravy has thickened.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use