George Costanza Calzones
Calzones like these are hard to come by! Try this easy calzone recipe tonight and you can have your very own homemade calzones to share with family and friends. What more could you want? George Costanza himself recommends them.
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached pastry flour
- 1 cup water (warm 100 degress F minimum)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast (active)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Add yeast and honey to water, let stand five minutes. Add one cup of flour and stir until it becomes a batter.
- Add rest of flour and stir until a dough. Place in sealed container to rise for 30 minutes.
- Cut onion, pepper and tomatoes into small pieces and then fry in 2 tablespoons oil on medium heat.
- Add the rest and stir on simmer. Grate 1/2 cup of mozzerella.
- Lightly oil dough, seperate dough into six balls, roll into 6" rounds.
- Add filling to center of round on each and then flip over until it forms a half semi-circle.
- Using your fingers gently press the edges together. Place some sort of wrap over the calzones and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet and pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place calzones on cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
1 green pepper
2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons basil
1/2 cup black olives, chopped
Read NextCrescent Rolls Pizza Pockets