Apple and Ginger Dessert Pizza
This easy fruit pizza recipe is one of the best fruit pizza recipes out there. A good fresh fruit pizza recipe like this one makes for the best dessert. Try this mouth-watering fruit pizza today.
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 quarts butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 medium green apple
- 1 medium red apple
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Whipped cream
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl. Stand bowl covered with plastic wrap, in a small place for 10 minutes until the mixture is foamy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and make a well in centre. Add yeast mixture, soft butter and egg; mix with a knife to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap; stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Peel, core the apples and cut into slices. Combine sultanas and brandy in a small bowl and set aside. Melt butter in pan, add ginger; stir to combine. Add water and maple syrup; cook over a low heat for 4 minutes until thickened slightly. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Brush a 1 foot round pizza tray with melted butter. Knead dough again for 1 minute, roll out to a 10 inch round. Place onto prepared tray tuck edges under to form a rim.
- Drain sultanas, sprinkle over base. Arrange apple slice over the base, drizzle with syrup. Brush rim of base with a little melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes until crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Read NextQuick And Easy Deep Dish Pizza