No Bake Chocolate Icebox Pie
You gotta love easy pie recipes, especially no bake pies, they are perfect for summer! This No Bake Chocolate Icebox Pie is simply irresistible. This pie is a chocoholics dream, I dare you to make one tonight!
- Pressing plastic wrap directly onto hot pie filling prevents a tough, dry "skin" from forming as pie cools.
- Use a potato peeler to make decorative chocolate curls or shavings from a chocolate candy bar.
Chilling Time2 hr
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 can or small tub of sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls or shavings
- Combine 2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa and butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat. In a medium-size bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla until well-blended.
- Gradually add egg yolk mixture to mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they melt and mixture is smooth. Pour into pie shell. Press plastic wrap directly on filling. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap. Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate curls.