Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
My momma makes a mean rhubarb pie every spring. This is the best rhubarb pie recipe around and would momma lie? Make this strawberry rhubarb pie for your relatives!
Want to know more about how to prepare rhubarb? Check out our collection of 14 phenomenal rhubarb recipes.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups whole strawberries
- 2 cups cut-up rhubarb
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch; mix lightly through berries and rhubarb.
- Pour into pastry lined pan; dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust; cut slits in crust. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Seal and flute edges; cover edge with 1-1/2 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through slits. Serve slightly warm.