Canadian Pumpkin Pie
Don't you just love pumpkin pie recipes? The simpler, the better, and this Canadian pumpkin pie is a great example of how simple it can be. You don't need to be a master chef at all...just follow the recipe and you'll have a delicious pie in no time!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, strained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add to the eggs, one ingredient at a time and in this order: Brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, syrup, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Blend well after each addition.
- Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, until browned. Do not overbake.
- Serve hot or cold, topped with whipped cream (optional).