Blackberry Apple Pie
- 3 cups blackberries, cleaned, or a 16-oz pkg. frozen, partially thawed
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca quick-cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 cups apples peeled, sliced (such as Rome Beauty)
- Pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
In a large bowl, place berries. In a small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, tapioca, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over berries and toss gently to mix well. Let stand 20 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Arrange apples in pastry-lined pie plate. Top with berry mixture and dot with butter. Complete crust as directed in pastry recipe. Sprinkle top of pastry with sugar. Bake in preheated 450 oven 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 3500 and bake 35 to 45 minutes until filling is bubbly in center and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Read NextOreo Dirt Pie
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use