Super Cheesy Tortellini
I love cheese and I love pasta: hence, I love this Super Cheesy Tortellini. This classic homemade pasta recipe is great for any weeknight dinner and I guarantee that the family will love it. Mine certainly does.
- 9 fresh tortellini stuffed with three cheeses
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated chicken bouillion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces lowfat Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1 can (4-ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook tortellini according to directions on package, but only cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain and place in greased 8 by-11-inch baking pan. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over pasta.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. In skillet, melt margarine and lightly brown chicken pieces. With slotted spoon, remove chicken and layer over cheese and tortellini.
- Saute onion until translucent. Dissolve bouillon in chicken broth and add to onion.
- Add sugar and whisk in flour. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Velveeta cheese, stirring until melted. Blend in sour cream and mushrooms. Stir until mixture is well blended.
- Pour over chicken and tortellini. Cover with foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes. (Can also be refrigerated. If so, increase baking time to 1 hour.)