Simple Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
You can never have too many easy dinner recipes as a go-to for the week. This Simple Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is a must to add to your easy pasta recipes list. It's a quick, no fuss recipe that pairs wonderfully with any meat entree; or just eat it by itself.
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 can (28-ounce) whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta, cooked al dente
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic together. When the garlic becomes fragrant, add the crushed red pepper flakes and roasted red pepper.
- Add the can of tomatoes (including the liquid) crushing the tomatoes in your hands to break into pieces.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Off heat, add the balsamic vinegar and parsley. Toss the tomato sauce with the pasta.