Bacon Zucchini and Basil Pasta
Taste the flavors of Italy with Bacon Zucchini and Basil Pasta. This delicious zucchini recipe is one of the best easy pasta dishes you can find. Bacon, zucchini, and tomatoes combine in a delightful, healthy meal.
- 13 1/2 ounces pennoni or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese flakes
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan.
- Cook the bacon and zucchini, stirring until the bacon is crisp and zucchini is browned lightly.
- Add the garlic. Cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Combine the hot pasta with the tomato, creme fraiche and bacon mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the basil leaves.
- Serve immediately topped with the Parmesan flakes.
Read NextClassic Italian Fettuccine Alfredo