- 1/2 cup butter (or lowfat substitute)
- crushed garlic to taste or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tb. chicken base or bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
On low heat saut the garlic. Stir in the flour, bouillon, and white pepper to make a roux. Slowly add milk one cup at a time till thick, stirring constantly, so the bottom doesn't burn. When mixture begins to thicken, add the cheese. Great with crab (even the fake stuff), chicken, shrimp, and/or veggies. Serve on favorite pasta.